From Monday 3rd August – Thursday 27th August (Mondays – Thursdays only), Max Cards will be available to buy in person from Unique Ways office.
The following guidance must be adhered to:-
- Max Cards can be purchased by members of Unique Ways only.
- Purchases must be by appointment only and can be booked by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , Please do not turn up on spec without an appointment, as you will not be seen.
- Please wear a face covering, where possible, when entering the office to purchase a Max Card.
- Appointments to buy Max Cards will be between 10.00 – 3.00 Monday – Thursdays only.
- Payment is in cash (£5.00) and you will be required to come with the precise amount of money as no cash will be handled. You will be asked to place your payment in a box.
- We respectively ask that you minimise the number of people you bring into our office and respect the staff by adhering to social distancing and minimising touching of any surfaces.
- Your card authorisation will take approximately 5 – 10 minutes to process.
- Please note, the office will be open only for the pre-arranged purchase of Max Cards and no other face to face services will be available during this period.
- The Unique Ways team will be back at work in the office from Monday 7th September (after the school summer holidays).
Unique Ways members can purchase Max Cards for just £3. The Max Card is a card for families of children with additional needs, and foster families, that gives free or discounted admission to a wide variety of attractions – just by showing it upon entry.
Take a look at the full list of venues and attractions in Yorkshire here. With everything from the Eureka! Children’s Museum to Jorvik Viking Centre, Harewood House, Knaresborough Castle and Virgin Experience Days across Yorkshire, you’re sure to find money off a day out that the whole family can enjoy!
MaxCards aren’t just limited to Yorkshire, either – there are over 300 attractions around the UK offering discounts and free entry.
To apply for a Max Card, once you have joined Unique Ways as a member, you can send a cheque for £3.00 (payable to Unique Ways) to:
Hanson Lane Enterprise Centre
You’re also welcome to stop by our office to purchase a card. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Local Offer Access Point
The Local Offer is a resource provided by Calderdale Council, featuring all of the information you could need on the services and support available to children and young people aged 0-25 with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
It covers educational and training options, social care support, healthcare provision, childcare support, specialist services, leisure activities and more. The Local Offer can be accessed online, but if you need any help navigating the system and finding the right services for you and your family, then you can come to our offices and we’ll be more than happy to help.