- This event has passed.
Insiders Guide:Under 5’s 6 Week Course (Week 4)
18th April 2018 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
The Insider’s Guide is a group-based learning course, designed by and for parent carers of children with additional needs. It focuses on building resilience and finding practical solutions to everyday challenges, encouraging parent carers to feel positive and confident in their abilities.
The main goals of the Insider’s Guide are to:
- Give parents the opportunity to share and explore their journey with others
- Develop trust between parents and professionals
- Recognise and build upon the skills parents have already acquired
- Map parents’ needs in preparation for the next part of their journey
- Practise and rehearse possible strategies for building on the parents’ strengths
- Develop positive solutions to problems
- Encourage person-centred thinking
The courses are jointly delivered by parent carers and our practitioners, with a number of Unique Ways members who took the course going on to help lead it. The course promotes partnership working, bridging the gap in understanding between parent carers and practitioners to create better outcomes for children. It also supports parents to recognise their own stress levels and build their own strengths in order to foster their children’s resilience.
Courses are run over six three-hour sessions in groups of between six and 12 parent carers.
For more information, contact the office on 01422 343090, or email firstname.lastname@example.org