Carers Rights Day 2020
Carers Rights Day 2020 – Thursday 26 November
The theme for Carers Rights Day 2020 is ‘Know Your Rights’
Unique Ways are supporting Carers Rights Day 2020 in partnership with Forget Me Not Children’s Hospice by taking part in a webinar on Carers Rights Day this Thursday 26th November. The recording of the webinar can be found here: https://youtu.be/mT-yUAv4zcU
Carers need to know their rights wherever they are in their caring journey: whether they are in the workplace, in a healthcare setting, when interacting with professionals or at home.
Accurate, up to date information and support empowers carers so they can feel confident asking for what they need. We also want carers to know how to challenge things when their rights are not being met. The webinar will help local parent carers:-
- Learn about their rights as a carer and how to access them .
- Find out more about how Education Health and Care Plans (EHCP’s) work and how their child
In a recent survey of nearly 6,000 carers carried out by Carers UK, it was found that:-
- Four in five unpaid carers are providing more care for relatives.
- 78% reported that the needs of the person they care for have increased during the pandemic.
- Two thirds (67%) are worried about how they will cope through further lockdowns or local restrictions.
- Three quarters of carers (74%) said they are exhausted and worn out as a result of caring during the pandemic. Two thirds (64%) told Carers UK they hadn’t been able to take any breaks whatsoever in the last six months.
If you are caring for someone and want to know more about your rights, read the ‘Looking after someone guide’ https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/get-resources/looking-after-someone